General Questions How do I note / query / complain about something? Please log all incidents, reports, queries or concerns on our incident system via: chris@stonehavenestate.co.za   Hours of operation… Estate Management  Monday – Friday : 07h30 – 16h00   Who should I speak to? Services / building issues – Estate Management Levies / accounts issues – Scenic Bay – Linda office: 021 785 5363 or cell 082 770 4365   New to the estate How do I move in? Estate Management and Security are to be informed, at least one week in advance, of all intended move-in dates. No horse and trailers (articulated vehicles) or containers will be allowed through the Main Gate. Please advise moving companies to use single axle vehicles or sprinter vans/shuttle vehicles. How do I have ease of access? All residents require a 2 button remote in order to gain access, especially when the entrance gates are closed at night, to open the resident boom and gate to the estate. Blue button – Entrance Gate Green button – Residents Boom What should I know / read? Constitution Code of Conduct Architectural Guidelines Landscaping Guidelines Rules of the Estate Policies adopted by HOA What is the speed limit? 25km / hour at all times. Please drive carefully as there are children, residents, indigenous wildlife and pets around. How do my visitors get access? Visitors will only be permitted once telephonic or written approval has been given by the homeowner/resident to Security. A valid car and drivers license will be required before entry. Where can I or my visitors’ park? Visitors may only park on the roadway during the day or resident's property. Vehicles may not park on open plots, public open spaces. When is the refuse collected? General refuse – Thursdays – please ensure your refuse is out early and in a City of Cape Town black wheelie bin. Recyclable materials (glass, tin, paper, cardboard, plastic) – Thursdays – please ensure your refuse is out early. Extra recycling plastic bags for this is available from the Estate office. How do I get a Wheelie Bin? Apply at Fish Hoek Civic Centre, Recreation Road, Fish Hoek. Tel: 021 784 2028 How do I get post? The post is delivered daily to the Post Boxes, situated at the entrance to the Estate, by the Post Office staff. The nearest available Post Office boxes are at Longbeach Mall. Please note that the box numbers do not correspond with your street address no. How do I get a Post Box Key? Firstly from the outgoing resident, key hand over. Failing that speak to the Estate Manager in order to have a key cut. How do I get a telephone? Contact Telkom. The telephone number is to be provided to Estate Management and Security as soon as the line is installed. How do my service provider / builder get access? Security to be advised in advance or the resident will be contacted by Security to confirm access. What does Security do (and don’t do)? Security controls access to the Estate, ensure the perimeter fence is operational and patrolled, and do regular 24 x 7 patrols throughout the Estate. Security are not permitted to hand out business flyers, take messages for residents, accept post or parcels on behalf of anyone, keep keys or other items for visitors / residents. What about my pets? Stonehaven Estate allows pets, but please consult the policy on cats and dogs for the rules surrounding pets. Can I plant whatever I want? Stonehaven Estate is within the protected area of the Table Mountain National Park and as such, only plants indigenous to the Western Cape, as indicated in the Landscaping Guidelines may be planted. Other plants may be kept in pots in limited quantities. Garden Refuse? Garden refuse disposal is available at the City Waste Disposal site located behind Compass Bakery off Kommetjie Road. What are the times of access / building hours for the Contractors or Service Providers? Monday to Friday 07h30 to 18h00 (Estate to be vacated by 18h00) Saturday By 07h30 to 14h00 (Estate to be vacated by 14h00) Sundays & Public Holidays No work permitted Builder’s Holiday No work permitted from Mid December through to mid January, actual dates are advised by Estate management and vary annually. What levies do I pay and when?
  • Normal levies
  • Building levies– While in the process of building or renovating.
  • Penalty levies– If the building period has been exceeded the vacant property will be subject to penalty levies.
  • Fines– There are a number of items in the Contractors Agreement, and the Code of Conduct which may result in fines being issued by Estate Management for non-compliance. These normally follow written warnings. Property owners are ultimately responsible for any fines incurred by their contractors, service providers or visitors.
New Dwellings What is the Architectural Design Manual / Design Guidelines? Stonehaven Estate abuts the Table Mountain National Park, and the dwellings on the Estate should be designed and positioned in such a way that they would form an integral part of the natural landscape as per the approved Operating Environmental Management Program. The Architectural Design Guidelines (Design Manual) sets out the Urban, Architectural and Landscape Controls with which the homeowners will have to comply, and forms part of the Stonehaven Estate Home Owners Association’s Constitution. In terms of the Agreement of Sale and the Constitution, owners will be obliged to submit their drawings (including two Landscape Plans and an irrigation layout diagram to the controlling landscaper, ) to the controlling architect, Jonathan Hill and Design Review Committee for design approval, before submitting them to the local authority for final approval. Approval or rejection of the design is entirely at the discretion of the controlling architect and the Design Review Committee. What costs are payable to the HOA for building? Building deposit – R5,000 Scrutiny fees – Refer to the appointed Controlling architect, controlling landscaper and Environmental Site Officer. Building Levy – R1000
No comments yet.

Leave a Reply